• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto X Sleeping Assist - not muting incoming email notifications

Crazy Horse

Lurker
Nov 30, 2014
I am trying to set up the Sleep Mode on the Moto X (2nd Gen). I enabled it last night, set up my favorite callers who can still get through, etc., but a couple of hours into my beauty sleep, I got woken up by the loud ding-ding-ding of an incoming email notification. The rocker volume was set to high. Do I need to reduce the phone volume to not be disturbed by incoming email notifications? If so, that kinda defeats the purpose of the Sleep Mode. I thought that Sleep Mode should disable all incoming notifications other than calls from favorite (starred) callers. Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks! Just picked up this phone on Black Friday, loving it so far and trying to get it set up just right.

Well, I didn't do anything. It was just me not understanding how Sleep Mode Works.

Sleep mode mutes your phone and turns down the volume to zero. It only gives exceptions to incoming calls from people you can specify, or if someone calls twice within a short period of time. I didn't realize that the program actually reduced the volume to zero - when I looked at my phone right before I went to bed and saw that it was in sleep mode, I also saw that the volume was set to minimum. Since I don't usually set it that way, I thought I did it inadvertently and bumped it back up again. So, even thought the phone was in Sleep mode, it was still making sounds with incoming notifications. So, the learning was to not touch the volume rocker button after Sleep mode kicks in :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones