1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moto X4 camera app kills other apps when opened.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cdysthe, Jun 8, 2018.

1. cdysthe

cdysthe Member

Hi,

I often listen to music or podcasts and want to take a picture. As soon as the camera is opened whatever player I listen to is killed and I have to start it again. It also kills the the Moto launcher which has to start again when I leave the camera, There's no crash message or anything like that. I have plenty of memory left even with the camera running. I'm on Android 8.0.0 on an Amazon Prime X4. Is this simply a bug or is there anything I can do about it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rock101

Rock101 Member

Crashes Poweramp and JogTracker too.

cdysthe likes this.
  3. cdysthe

cdysthe Member

I have figured this one out. If you look at advanced permissions for the camera app one of them is to close other apps. And it seems to always use those permission. It should be removed. No need for it it closes my VPN, media player, Google Fit and others.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  4. cdysthe

cdysthe Member

Been looking at this some more. I know there's a way to change advanced permissions without root using the ADB shell so I was thinking that I would try to revoke the app close permission for the camera app. Problem is I do not know how to find the commands to issue. Anyone here know if it's possible and the commands to issue?

5. Rock101

Rock101 Member

I switched the camera app to CameraMX and no longer experience the other open apps getting killed.

6. cdysthe

cdysthe Member

I have also tried third party camera apps, but then I can't use the dual lens camera. Does CameraMX support dual camera?

Motorola Moto X (4th Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (4th Gen) release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3-6GB RAM, Snapdragon 630 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews