1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moto Z Play Droid - Android 8 - Cast not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nc_dougd, Dec 17, 2018.

1. nc_dougd

nc_dougd Lurker

I have a Moto Z Play Droid running Android 8.

I have added the "Cast" icon to be one of the buttons at the top of the UI. However, when I click "Cast" it searches for devices for a long time, then I click settings and it says "No nearby devices were found."

However, when I am using the Youtube Music App and click the cast Icon, it shows my TV (A Sony Bravia).

Why can't the built in cast button find my TV, but youtube music can cast to my TV?

Second question, is there any other easier way to cast the videos I have recorded on my phone to my TV?

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Google screwed us little guys and removed MiraCast support for the devices in order to push their ChromeCast.. it's only available with special apps and/or custom ROMs these days

Motorola Moto Z

The Motorola Moto Z launched in 2016 and in the US, was exclusive to Verizon as the "Moto Z Droid Edition." The phone was the first of its kind to feature "Moto Mods," accessories that attached to the back of the phone to expand functionality. The phone was joined by the more rugged Moto Z Force and mid-ranged Moto Z Play.