1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Moto Z2 Play: How to use as Mobile Hotspot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by admyrick, Sep 8, 2017.

1. admyrick

VIP Member Thread Starter

Nov 10, 2010
    Male
    Editor and other things
    Parkville
    The Moto Z2 Play includes the ability to use the device as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. In order to set this up for the first time, you'll need to follow these steps:
    1. Open Settings
    2. Select "...More"
    3. Tap "Tethering & portable hotspot"
    From here, you'll be able to access the settings for your mobile hotspot, including the specific password, device name, and more.

Advertisement

2. Aboles

Aboles Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2016
    Question: Is ATT trying to get us folks with the legacy unlimited data plans off those plans by eliminating hotspot capabilities? I just purchased a Motorola Z2 Pure (from Motorola) and had a sim put in it. Now the hotspot capabilities do not function. ATT is giving me multiple answers.....from 1) "the plan never had the capability for hotspot" wrong my previous Moto X gen 2 functioned fine for about 5 years to 2) "the phone is not capable of hotspot" on ATT.

3. rdsok

rdsok Android Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2010
    I'm unfamiliar with a Moto Z2 Pure... in fact I didn't even see one listed on Motorola's website or with a Google search....

This forum area is for Moto Z2 Play so what users here may know, may not apply to another model

4. Aboles

Aboles Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2016
    Sorry. I meant Play (Moto Z2 Play). As I recall, Motorola used to use the branding "pure" several years back when the Moto X came out and they were still Motorola and not Lenovo. Showing my age i guess....

5. rdsok

rdsok Android Enthusiast

Feb 24, 2010
    Then I'm unable to answer the question concerning ATT and the Z2 Play hotspot... I can only say it works fine on my Verizon account.