1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Moto Z2 Play?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TheOldDuke, Jan 12, 2018.

1. TheOldDuke

TheOldDuke Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2018
    Has anyone tried to use a Project Fi with the Moto Z2 Play? I love my 6P and love it even more on Fi, but it is aging and will need to be replaced soon. Really not a fan of how expensive the Pixel line is, so I'm looking at the Z2 Play. I know it is not officially supported on Fi and I will lose visual voicemail and network switching, but can anyone confirm it at least works and is functional? I have heard that using Fi on non-supported devices can be buggy at best. I can deal with some bugs, but if it just flat-out doesn't work, that's going to be a deal breaker. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Welcome to the site! :)

Not sure about any bugs with the Z2 Play, but another option for Project Fi is the Android One Moto X4. It's $324 right now so much cheaper then a Pixel... if that phone would work for you.

https://fi.google.com/about/phones/

3. TheOldDuke

TheOldDuke Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2018
    Thanks for the welcome, and for the suggestion!

I considered the X4, but I really like the idea of Moto Mods, and the X4 is a bit plain for my tastes. Now that the era of the Nexus seems to have passed, I am glad there is at least one midrange pure Android device on the market. I just don't thank it's for me.