• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motoactv vs Sony SmartWatch

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
Anyone have firsthand experience with the Motoactv? There are some early comments in the forums, but nothing in the past 3 months.

It looks like a great device, but I was wondering if it makes sense to just get the Sony SmartWatch for practically 1/3 of the cost. I want to use something to track my runs and listen to music while working out. But, if I can get a cool gadget in a small form factor with added bells and whistles, I would step up and buy either one. I just don't know if it's worth it to go for the Motoactv or just get by with the SmartWatch.

Also, is there any numbers on how well the Motoactv is selling? I'm surprised that the price hasn't been dropped yet.

Thanks in advance.

Well the MotoActv has it's own storage and music player. But I like the Sony Smartwatch better because it acts as a remote control for the music player on your phone while cutting back the price. I might buy the Sony Smartwatch Tomorrow myself. Or when I get back from my trip.

On the other hand the MotoAct has been rooted and a launcher installed by programmers. even running Angry Birds is smooth so you can tell there's some good hardware in the MotoActv. I just don't feel like forking over that much

Upvote 0
I have had the Motorola MatoACTV for a while now and I really like it I use it mostly on my mountain bike, it has a GPS and tracks well and even has maps (I don't use them)

it has a music player, FM radio and displays callers, text messages and the song titles, what more could you want, ot has an optional wrist strap to use as a wrist watch, and a bike mounts for those times when I need it on mt handlebar or frame

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones