• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motoblur does it again. Picasa Help Please.

mihalich

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
South Orange County, CA
Here's some information for those interested, and I also need some help.

On my Droid 1, with 2.1 or 2.2 the option to sync your picasa data was in the place you'd expect it to be. In the account settings for your goggle account.

No such luck on the Droid 2. It does not show up there with the contacts, calendar, and gmail sync options.

I have found 2 different ways to upload my photo's to picasa from the phone, both of which are acceptable.

1) You can add a Picasa account on the phone like you add a google or email account. Then the "quick upload" button in the gallery will allow you to upload to this account.

2) From the gallery you can choose Share, then choose Picasa in the menu. It then allows you to select your google account to upload it to, and even lets you create an album name.

OK, so that's no biggie, though different from the stock android account setup.

Here is my problem, that I need help with now.

On the Droid 1, the stock gallery application automatically sync's your existing picasa web albums to your phone. I can see them and view them on the phone.

This functionality I cannot find on the Droid 2. My web albums do not show up in the gallery at all...regardless of whether i have a Picasa account created in the accounts setup or not.

Has anyone else figured out how to view existing picasa web albums on the Droid 2? (Obvioulsy through an application rather than going to the picasa page through the browser).

Thanks,
Joe

Here's some information for those interested, and I also need some help.

On my Droid 1, with 2.1 or 2.2 the option to sync your picasa data was in the place you'd expect it to be. In the account settings for your goggle account.

No such luck on the Droid 2. It does not show up there with the contacts, calendar, and gmail sync options.

I have found 2 different ways to upload my photo's to picasa from the phone, both of which are acceptable.

1) You can add a Picasa account on the phone like you add a google or email account. Then the "quick upload" button in the gallery will allow you to upload to this account.

2) From the gallery you can choose Share, then choose Picasa in the menu. It then allows you to select your google account to upload it to, and even lets you create an album name.

OK, so that's no biggie, though different from the stock android account setup.

Here is my problem, that I need help with now.

On the Droid 1, the stock gallery application automatically sync's your existing picasa web albums to your phone. I can see them and view them on the phone.

This functionality I cannot find on the Droid 2. My web albums do not show up in the gallery at all...regardless of whether i have a Picasa account created in the accounts setup or not.

Has anyone else figured out how to view existing picasa web albums on the Droid 2? (Obvioulsy through an application rather than going to the picasa page through the browser).

Thanks,
Joe

You can't with the stock gallery. You need the apk to use the old gallery. I have it installed on my X and it works just like on the Droid. If you want I can pm you the apk. That is the only solution, but it works great. But then you will have the gallery you had on your Droid. I had the same complaint about the X gallery after coming from my Droid.

Upvote 0
You can't with the stock gallery. You need the apk to use the old gallery. I have it installed on my X and it works just like on the Droid. If you want I can pm you the apk. That is the only solution, but it works great. But then you will have the gallery you had on your Droid. I had the same complaint about the X gallery after coming from my Droid.

Hmmm. Thanks for the info. I'm rooted so I can pull the apk off my phone. Did you have to do anything else besides the gallery? How did you tell it to sync the picasa data?

Thanks,
Joe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones