1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

motoblur plz help me understand

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by m.vasquez009, Jun 8, 2011.

1. m.vasquez009

m.vasquez009 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    Menards-hardware manager
    Merrillville Indiana
    ok so i know that alot of people do not care for motoblur and it has gotten a band name with motorola along with the locked bootloaders... howeever im looking to get a new phone, maybe droid bionic when it comes out this summer as stated in a recent twitter post from moto. but im having a hard time understanding why ppl hate it so much.. i know alot of social networking is tied in with moto blur like the streaming from facebook, twitter and some say that slows it down, but cant u just choose not to sync with those social networking widgets, and wouldnt that help also? alot of ppl dont like motoblur from the early versions like 1.5 however i think it has imporoved alot with gingerbread and it looked pretty nice and smooth on the bionic,... im not looking to root my phone and changes roms or anything so the bootloader isnt that important to me like some ppl, i jsut a want a good fast phone that would do the job...im not a fan of touchwiz and i think sense ui is ok,,,,, i was just wondering what makes blur so bad, or if it all just comes down to preference....especially with the newer versions that are out and with phones nowadays with dual core processors like the bionic and dx2 if blur is really that big of a issue anymore...ex, many ppl have the original droid x and that runs motoblur and many ppl like that phone...also if u remove the facebook and twitter widgets from the homescreens and dont sync with them doesnt that solve some of the problem? .., im justt confused.... comment would be appreciated

Advertisement

2. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Welcome to the Android forums, I've moved your thread to the Android lounge for better discussion.

Regarding Motoblur, its honestly a personal preference thing with the UI's, and there are people that like Motoblur.

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    As others will tell you around here, in the end, it's what YOU prefer. If you are concerned about the perceived popular opinion about Motorola's UI overlay, play around with it and see how it feels to you. Try out the competing overlays as well. Do you feel some are more advantageous than others?

You're the one that has to live with your choice. So do your research and choose with confidence.

4. Reap

Reap Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2010
    With new dual-core phones coming out now a days, you will hardly see a drop in performance with these proprietary UI's. To answer your question, even if you don't sync your social networks, Blur services will still run in the background. Blur isn't just a social network widget, It's a UI which changes appearance in your notification tray, dock bar, and app tray. I personally hate Blur because I owned the original Cliq...

5. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    It's a UI some people like, and others hate. Just like touchwiz and HTC sense.

6. Tslide91

Tslide91 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Northeast u.s.
    I havent tried ginger-blur but every other experience ive had with blur has been absolutely horrible.

7. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Yeah blur and all its social media crap is pretty worthless...I turned all the syncs off and didn't notice it on my cliq

8. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    I wish some of you guys that make comments like "blur is awful" and such, would state why it is awful in your opinion. Its kinda hard to have an understanding of why some people don't like it/think its terrible if they don't actually state the reasons why.

Clementine_3 likes this.
  9. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    If you bought the phone for other reasons, and are not into social networking, it's unnecessary stuff you have to deal with. Some apps keep turning themselves on.
    There's a few complaints about Galaxy S4g and Doubletwist. Facebook seems to update itself if you let it. Then users get hit with data overages. It's what you like and your priorities.

10. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
  11. m.vasquez009

m.vasquez009 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    Menards-hardware manager
    Merrillville Indiana
    is it easy to turn off the syncs? can u xplain how?

12. Reap

Reap Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2010
    Are they changing the name because it got a bad rep?
    If so >.> then are they going to keep "motoblur" in hopes it will sell better under a different name?
    and if they're changing it because of public feedback then why don't they take off motoblur and have a Launcher of motoblur app in the market instead because of "public feedback"

Rhetorical questions... But it just makes me wonder

13. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Many are asking these questions. No wonder that Engadget article got more than 240 comments. I suggest to read them to get more info on this matter.