1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

MotoBlur, preaching to the choir.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by InspireMe, Mar 7, 2011.

1. InspireMe

InspireMe Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    I got my Inspire on release day, I made sure I was the first customer in the store. I knew more about this phone than anyone in the store, and they asked me to stay for the day just to take off battery covers :)

So in my research on the Inspire before release day I inevitably ran into a bunch of Atrix reviews and such. They were all like it has the laptop dock and it has Motoblur which isn't that great but it's a nice phone.

So, this isn't an Atrix thread, I couldn't be happier with my phone.

My dad, who is on Verizon lost his phone and needed one in a hurry since my sister was having a baby. He ended up with a Droid2.

So yesterday I had to configure my dads new phone and walk him through Android.

What an awful experience. Knowing only HTC sense I got him through it.

Motoblur is awful, I second guessed myself for a minute on getting the Inspire, but I can't be more happy I bought an HTC phone.

I could go on and on. Bad navigation, ugly simplistic widgets, no choice...Just awful. Someone tell me I'm crazy.

Edit: quickly, this is my dad's phone, so I'm not in the mood for rooting it and having the best of Android. I'm a little pissed at Moto for not doing the legwork on this one. He see's my phone and wants that feel and he isn't getting it from Moto.

Advertisement

2. Androidjunkee

Androidjunkee Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    Tempe, AZ
    I posted this in the phonedog.com's Atrix vs Inspire battle thread but Motorola really did ruin that phone with Motoblur. Suuuuuure, you can root it, but for the common user who doesnt want to do that its terrible. BTW, the Inspire won that head to head battle and the repeated theme of the review was that Motoblur severely hampered the dual core processor. So much that it made it lag. There is no excuse for a dual core to be lagging but Motorblur finds a way lol.

Im not HTC fanboy either. It just makes me mad that they take such an awesome OS and amazing processor and literally drag it through the mud. Maybe Moto will release a dual core pure google phone. I would be interested cause they do make a nice product (especially that cool finger print reader ha)