1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

? MotoBlur

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StaticMaal, Oct 9, 2011.

1. StaticMaal

StaticMaal Android Enthusiast

Is there anyway we can get a MotoBlur Rom on Triumph? I love CM7 and Miui but i also want to try MotoBlur. Like one for the newer versions Motoblur 2.2 or 2.3.

If i was to try and port one what would i need to do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nashti13

nashti13 Member

I don't believe so. But ya I agree it would be nice to try out

3. platypuss94

platypuss94 Lurker

i have always wondered why they didnt just put it on stock.

and me to. i would love to try this out. just as a change of pace.

4. StaticMaal

I was wondering that the whole time why put stock android 2.2 on such a strong phone? Yes, change of pace lol:D

5. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert

Well stock froyo is a wholelot better than froyo with motoblur. I think motor blur us ugly. But cm don't wont manufacturer skins on there phone. That's why the ov had the stock froyo. I want a cm/Motorola released stock gingerbread. No miui no cm7 no aosp gingerbread, just a stock made for the triumph gingerbread update! No ics either its to blue and ugly like!

6. StaticMaal

Have you seen or played with the Motoblur on Droid Bionic. To me i think its mostly for socialization which i love and all those stock widgets. What will happen if i try to get a Droid Bionic Rom edit to make it work with the triumph.

7. b_randon14

Probably won't boot. The Droid bionic and this phone are two completely different animals. I mean you can try but it will most certainly have bad outcomes. The kernel is different for sure, and I'm sure a whole slew of files and drivers and kernel modules are way different as well. Not saying it is impossible to port it over, just not very practical.

Were stuff with either a aosp based(CM7, AOSP, MIUI) ROM or whatever vm gives us. Which will probably be a gingerbread update eventually. I hope to god they dont put ics on this thing. The only advantage are the updated api's and libraries that ics uses, other than that its a re themed gingerbread.

8. StaticMaal

Oh so its easier to make CM7, AOSP, and MIUI rom than to try and port one over.

9. b_randon14

Yeah I mean they are not easy either but way easier than porting like a sense or motor blur based rom. I have never heard of anyone doing it!

10. StaticMaal

Oh so what about roms from the Motorola Droid, Is it hard to port those roms? It's just hard to port Roms period.

11. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

i would love to be the first person to ever do that! :eek: it would be amazing! LOL i might be able to get the launcher to work but the rest would just be a theme

StaticMaal likes this.
  12. StaticMaal

On which one? Which one would it be a theme on?

13. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

motoblur for the triumph.... but i really have no idea what that would take

14. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

I haven't used it, but there is a motoblur theme for CM7. I don't know how close it is to actually using motoblur, but it is available.

15. StaticMaal

I had it cause i was on CM7 then i went to MIUI. Is there anyway to convert it to the MIUI format?

16. ziggy46

ziggy46 Android Expert

idk... you could probably google search "how to make a theme for miui" and use the stuff for the blur theme to make it :D

17. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Android Enthusiast

What is it you have against AOSP roms?

18. b_randon14

Nothing at all. Just a personal preference. Plus aosp ports and stuff always have bugs and broken stuff in them. Now if Steve kondik(cyanogen) or one of the other official cyanogenmod members started supporting this device then maybe. But untill then it will be a port. Plus I hate how noonee seems to care about anything except for cm or miui as far as Roms go. Not saying they ain't good roms because they are and not taking away from Isaac and tickerguy because they are awesome revs and have done awesome jobs with cm and miui, but I prefer stock based roms.

19. rvarn1

rvarn1 Well-Known Member

Guys,
    check out the CM7 themes thread... there are lots of links to different skins, including motoblur, touchwiz, and xperia manufacturer skins to apply on top of CM7. It works quite well! I would recommend the gingerblur b theme...
    Link:

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/418831-cm7-themes.html
    hope that helps! :cool:
    Oh, and if you feel the need for the motoblur launcher, Helauncher from the market is free and works well.

20. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Android Enthusiast

I might prefer stock based too if they were gingerbread.

21. StaticMaal

I thought sine the bionic was made by Motorola it would be easier to port it.
    I see on youtube this video says you have to change the kernels and keymapping buttons (i said that part)out and it should work. How to costumize a custom ROM for android - YouTube

22. b_randon14

Yeah you would have to do that, but I just can't see it being very easy. I mean the way the framework is designed on this phone as compared to a phone with motoblur or sense or touchwiz is completely different. And plus like I said before getting the drivers and library files to play nicely with a new phone would not be an easy undertaking. I believe the closest we could have to motoblur would be a ported theme, without all the functionality of the real motoblur.

StaticMaal likes this.
  23. StaticMaal

So if I am correct there is no way a MotoBlur Rom would on the Triumph? Unless I try to port it?

24. TheDarkside13

TheDarkside13 Member

I see this thread is kinda ghosted...but I would certainly LOVE to see blur on this phone! Just a change ;) I have MIUI 2.4.20 with a gingerbread blur theme...would like to have MotoBlur froyo theme for MIUI tho, anyone know where to find one?

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews