1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Motocast Software

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rv7plt, Aug 16, 2012.

1. rv7plt

rv7plt Lurker

When I connect my Razr to my laptop via usb cable, Motocast software downloads to my computer and wants me to install it. I do not want it install on my laptop. Is there any way to delete the software from my phone or otherwise prevent the popup on my computer?

John in Fl

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Admack

Admack Member

The best solution I've found is when you plug the phone in look for the Motorola icon to pop up on the right side of the taskbar on your computer. Right click it and choose When device connects>do nothing.

awriternot likes this.
  3. johirsh

johirsh Member

i have MAC OS x.. I tell it to do nothing so the Motocas software doesn't open but the *&()() installation dmg opens every time

4. jclake

jclake Member

1. With the phone connected, open Windows Explorer
    2. Right-click "CD Drive (F: (or whatever)) MotoCast" and select "Properties"
    3. Click the "Hardware" tab
    4. All drives on your system should be listed, including three for "Motorola XT912 USB Device." Select the one that lists "DVD/CD-ROM Drives" in the "Type" column.
    5. Another "Properties" window will open. In the "General" tab, select "Change Settings."
    6. Yet another "Properties" window will open. Select the "Driver" tab and click the "Disable" button. A warning will pop up stating, "Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. Do you really want to disable it?" Select "Yes."
    7. Click "OK" on the two open "Properties" windows.
    8. The next time you connect your phone via USB, you should get two Autoplay windows - one for "MOT" (Phone's internal storage) and "Removable Disk" (the micro SD card). The annoying Motocast CD drive (that you can't write to anyway) will no longer pop up.

5. johirsh

johirsh Member

Hmm i have mac os x ... windows explorer is a Windows app but thanks for the response

6. johirsh

johirsh Member

ok i tried iont using a windows computer and this stupid viral spamwatre keeps attackimg me... this is enough to drive me to an iphone

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews