• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MOTOLUXE Root Guide

an3r0id

Lurker
Mar 29, 2012
Hi there. Picked up a MOTOLUXE yesterday and looked into how to root. There wasnt any information out there in english so had to use Google to translate a lot of Chinese sites. This guide worked for me but cannot guarantee it would for you, and of course you do this at your own risk.

Firstly you should download the Root Tools from motoluxe root.zip
This will contain the motorola drivers, superoneclick, rsdlite (which isnt needed for this), adb (again not needed) and SUTLR
Once you have extracted all the files proceed to install the Motorola drivers and then the SUTLR package. Once installed open the program which your phone connected and it will ask you for the image file. You need to point this to the FXX_PR3_NV.xml file that is in the extracted root folder.
Once this has completed your phone will reboot. At this point you can run SuperOneClick.
To run SuperOneClick you need to make sure you have enabled USB Debugging mode

and thats it, you have root access!

Hope this helps any of you looking to gain root access as i was

Many thanks for this post, an3r0id!
Got phone rooted without a problem - now I can free up some vital memory by removing the bloatware.

However, your link to the zipped file no longer works - I got a working link from this site:
www*androidpit*com/en/android/forum/thread/493331/Motorola-Motoluxe-Root-Motoluxe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones