1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

motorol atrix 4g super phone!?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JC531, Mar 16, 2011.

1. JC531

JC531 Newbie

hi guys im new to the forum mainly because i just learned yahoo answers isnt the best place to ask about android phones. anyways i was planning on buying an atrix 4g but since i have metropcs then you should know its a different process. Well i was reading about the phone and saw it supported 4g lte. which at&t i believe doesnt have. so i thought i could get the phone and get it running on metropcs! but mainly this is my question. if i buy an atrix 4g, a metropcs 4g lte sim card, and an unlock code, can i use the motorola atrix 4g on metropcs's 4g lte plan? btw i have a optimus m.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JC531

JC531 Newbie

can someone please reply

3. LateDroid

LateDroid Member

first of all, you shouldn't be so anxious for a reply within 30 minutes of posting

second of all, no, the atrix doesn't have LTE support.

4. aszreal1266

aszreal1266 Member

I've heard a lot of mixed things about metro pcs's lte network. Check to make sure you have LTE in your area and if you know some one who has an LTE phone to check their speeds. This is a good article about it.
    MetroPCS TEST: MetroPCS LTE Undwewhelms

In short their lte isn't on par with ATT's 3g

5. JC531

JC531 Newbie

im not sure where i read it i actually read it last night that it supported 4g hs something and lte. dont flame me if im wrong. im currently trying to find where i read it. also what phone that uses nvidia tegra 2 processor can i use on metropcs's 4g lte. that has a webcam. keyboard doesnt matter. and i dont want optimus 2x

6. Hawk375

Hawk375 Newbie

Metropcs is doing LTE differently than everyone else currently. They're using 1700mhz for the frequency and others are using 700mhz. The Atrix is not LTE capable because it doesn't have an LTE modem to communicate on those frequencies or signal type. The Atrix communicates via hspa(hsdpa/hsupa).

To answer your question, no, the Atrix won't work on the Metropcs network, neither will any LTE devices from the other networks. The hardware and frequencies they use are completely different.

aszreal1266 likes this.
  7. buddy1

buddy1 Newbie

I am using an atrix hd on metropcs and am getting from 7 up to 20 down speeds -works great.

8. bill.g

bill.g Member

The 4G on the atrix is actually just 3G with boosted speed, but when I had one on at&t I got no faster than 3G speeds. This is one of the many phones that came out before LTE really started to roll out and the carriers fought hard to call HSPA 4G even though it was just 3G.

Motorola Atrix 4G Forum

The Motorola Atrix 4G release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1930mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews