• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola Account Required?

Larryf

Jul 18, 2010
Anybody else seen this? My phone was rooted but is no longer and I get this message.

Attachments

• snap20100730_081404.jpg
    snap20100730_081404.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 138
It brings up the Account Setup screen. The same screen that comes up when you press Menu -> Settings -> Accounts -> Add Account (where all the Email, Facebook, Google, etc. account types are listed). There is no option for a 'Motorola Account'.

I have a call in to Motorola tech support and will post what I hear back from them.

Upvote 0
It brings up the Account Setup screen. The same screen that comes up when you press Menu -> Settings -> Accounts -> Add Account (where all the Email, Facebook, Google, etc. account types are listed). There is no option for a 'Motorola Account'.

I have a call in to Motorola tech support and will post what I hear back from them.

You do have an email address registered on your phone, right?

Upvote 0
My brother-in-law gets a similar (but not the same) message when he checks for updates on his Droid (not the X).

I believe his message is more along the line of "invalid credentials" or "invalid logon", nothing about Motorola. He has never had root, he just uses his phone to make calls.

8646d1280501573-motorola-account-required-snap20100730_081404.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones