1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Motorola Atrix HD car connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hp942, Jul 18, 2012.

1. hp942

hp942 Member

Jan 21, 2011
    With my old Motorola Bravo I could connect to my car usb port under the "mass storage setting" and charge my phone plus play my tunes through the car stereo. I cannot do this with the Atrix HD, I get an error message. Any ideas? Is this something with the phone or newer versions of android?

Advertisement

2. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed

That's odd. Mine works just fine hooked straight to my usb on my car stereo. Wish I could help more.

3. brawndo

brawndo Active Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I have problems connecting bluetooth in my focus. I had the original Atrix and when I'd get in my car it would connect automatically every single time. I got the atrix HD the other day and it never connects automatically...I have to turn my bluetooth off then on and then research. Really annoying. I have had no issues with the usb though it definitely works to charge.

4. Jeliman

Jeliman New Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Hi Brawndo,

You are not alone, I have exactly the same auto reconnect issue with my Atrix HD and 2013 Subaru. We tried a Samsung phone and it connected automatically every time.

I tried the "Bluetooth Auto" app, but it didn't help. A discussion with the app designer revealed that the app triggered to start the connection each time the blue tooth was turned on. Since I leave the blue tooth on all the time, the app isn't getting triggered.

5. The new version of android 4.1, removed the option for 'mass storage' . I hate this and want to go back to ICS.