• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Atrix keeps shutting down

mobokeeg

Lurker
Jun 25, 2011
Unfortunately I'm having a few troubles with my Atrix 4G. Part of my screen became unresponsive last week, but I ordered a new digitizer that I will replace to attempt to fix the problem.

My main problem now is that the Atrix keeps shutting down and I need to manually turn it back on.

Details:

-Happens much more often when the battery is full (after half drained it stops shutting down).
-It shuts down during reboot (or a few seconds after the loading screen is done), which then I need to turn it back on. This cycle can last for 3 or 4 reboots until it stays on.
-It was rooted a while back, but I haven't since I've done a factory reset to try and fix the problem.

So, is there a way I can fix it by rooting it (I definitely am out of the warranty period) and using some sort of "boot fixer"?

I really don't know much about rooting and such, but I do learn quickly and am pretty tech savvy, so a bit of instruction and I should be on my way.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones