1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Motorola Atrix newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BabaGo, Sep 25, 2011.

1. BabaGo

BabaGo Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Three days ago I finally could not resist the Atrix 4g from ATT.
    My helpful ATT sales lady gave me a 25% off coupon, so I also picked up the Otter box, a new miniUSB Bluetooth Motorola earset, the car dock, the entertainment pack (includes keyboard/mouse/multimedia dock). I did spring for renewing a 24 month contract, which I've avoided for the last 10 years or so. But it seemed at the moment worth it. The final bill was well under what the retail price of the phone would cost all by itself.

This Atrix replaces my Blackberry Curve 8300, which I've had since the model came out. I have the unlimited data plan grandfathered in at ATT, but I'm being very careful to stay away from the maximum level of that plan. So I'm keeping mostly to WiFi.

So far I've not installed any apps nor downloaded any from the Android Market. The microSDHC card I ordered from Amazon has not arrived yet, and it should hold a lot of things. It is the Kingston 32gb class 10 card. Which is the max for the Atrix so they say. Then too, I need to learn from you folks what apps will not function from the SD cards, before I start going hog wild in the app store!!

I hope to learn some things here which can help me improve my battery performance, and control billed data usage. I would also like to hear what apps others find helpful, because we do not all have the same concerns or the same sense of beauty.

So....while I've used cell phones for a decade or more, and I loved what my BBerry could do for me, I am very excited to play with the Atrix. This forum comes highly recommended. I'm not a geek or a nerd, just someone who likes new technology and wants to use it to advantage as well as have some moderate fun to boot.....and stay safe online. ....and.....and.....travel with the phone as my GPS.

Just what all IS POSSIBLE?
    I have a greeting card framed, which says:
    DON'T EVER BELIEVE THAT WHERE YOU ARE NOW IS THE ONLY POSSIBILITY! -Jane Stone

BabaGo

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to the AndroidForums, BabaGo!

Wow! Great into post/thread...good job! :)

Take a stroll around the forums, especially the Atrix 4G forum (Motorola Atrix 4G - Android Forums), and you'll find that the world of Android is immense and ever-expanding. Tons of new, fun, and interesting stuff to learn and enjoy!

Glad you signed-up with us here at AF.

Cheers!