• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard Discussion

I just received my motorola bluetooth keyboard and there are some things I couldn't find out:

- Is there any key for the recent/running apps? (third button of the status bar)
- the function keys F1, etc what are they for?
OK UNUSED --> what does the mysterious key between the GMAIL and the END key at the upper right corner?
- is there any way to use the google search without touching the screen?
- is there any way to customize the quick access to apps using Ctrl+G, Ctrl+C, etc ?

web navigator related:
- is there any way to change tabs?
- with Ctrl+W it always closes at least a couple of tabs, this is very bad
- Ctrl + < back, Ctrl + > forward, this is good
- Ctrl + T opens a new tab, nice

Have you found out more key combinations?

Many Thanks in advance,
Digitalevil

Upvote 0
I just got the motorola keyboard and mouse today, must say iam impressed, looks very nice and seems to work fine, makes typing this much easier and quicker! Only problem I am finding is I cant get it to do a '@' symbol (I just had to go back to the touch screen keyboard to do that one)
Everytime I press it I get this: ' and when I hold the shift key down I get this: "

I just realised that when I hold down shift and the number 2 I get a @ symbol, it looks like my keys are a little messed up!
Anybody else had this problem?

Upvote 0
I just got the motorola keyboard and mouse today, must say iam impressed, looks very nice and seems to work fine, makes typing this much easier and quicker! Only problem I am finding is I cant get it to do a '@' symbol (I just had to go back to the touch screen keyboard to do that one)
Everytime I press it I get this: ' and when I hold the shift key down I get this: "

I just realised that when I hold down shift and the number 2 I get a @ symbol, it looks like my keys are a little messed up!
Anybody else had this problem?

Mines the same, I think it's to do with the xoom and language/keyboard settings. I have looked into it before and not sure if there was a work around, it's just something I have got used to now. Also when I use the keyboard with other devices the keys work properly

Upvote 0
I received my keyboard the other day and loving it so far.. Today the HD Dock came in and wow I love this setup!

Keyboard is nice, I love the layout and the chicklet style. Just wish it had a small backlight and perhaps a dedicated key to wake up from sleep mode; other than those 2 small complaints I love it so far.

The HD dock is excellent add on. With built in speakers and a mini sub, I no longer needed to have my powered speakers on my desk, so another item unplugged from my now shrinking power strip. I really hope they can enable touchpad / mouse support.
Where did u purchase the dock and what exactly does it do, sorry but I am a new tablet user...would love to get the best accessories for my Xoom. Also love to know what brand and where to get the Bluetooth keyboard for the Xoom..want to have speakers as well if u have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help :)

Upvote 0
I would also go an pester your local Verizon stores. Ask them to look in the back where they put things no longer actively sold. I did this about 5 months ago and got a couple of standard docks for $5 ea and a couple of HD docks for $10 ea, as well as the Folio case $8, and gel case (pink, for the wife's Xoom) for $3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones