• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Cliq Screen Size???

ckhoutx

Lurker
Oct 27, 2009
Earlier on the Motorola web site stated that the screen size is 3.1" now it clearly states in two different places on the spec page at this address.

Motorola CLIQ - MOTOBLUR - Android phone - Motorola USA

That the screen size is 3.5", 320 x 480 pixels, 187 DPI

Talking to some people that have received them theirs is 3.1"

So are their two versions?
Did Motorola change the design after the first ones shipped?
Or is this just deceptive marketing?

Thanks

It seems really hard to get a definitive answer. The t-mobile forums have it listed as a 3.1 as well. So i'm really confused on the specs. I'm also hearing that the internal memory is different in some models?

I'm not going to pre-order mine because i have no idea what i would be receiving.

If it's a 3.1 that's smaller that my current G1 and the G1 is too small as it is. If it's 3.5 then i will purchase one.

Upvote 0
I have the CLIQ, and its 3.1, but fret not! its only slightly smaller than G1/myTouch, and all other androids thus far for that matter...(except of course the Moto Droid). But altogether a great phone, that .1 of an inch will not make or break this phone, lots of sweet features and MOTOBlur is a nice UI. My only drawback is the processor, LETS SEE SOME ANDROIDS WITH 600-1000 mhz IN THE US!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones