1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Motorola Cliq2 Orientation Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aavidrose, Jun 14, 2011.

1. aavidrose

aavidrose New Member

Jun 13, 2011
    I hope someone else has experienced this issue. My phone's orientation keeps switching back and forth between portrait and landscape. About every 4 - 30 seconds. Which means it never 'sleeps' so it kills my battery. I've closed and uninstalled almost everything, I've done a few factory resets, nothing works. How did this happen and if I get a replacement, how can I prevent it in the future?

Advertisement

2. sookieball

sookieball Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010

Im assuming you have tried disabling it.
    But just in case.
    Try that.
    You can also try a different launcher. And disable it in the new launcher (I.E. launcher pro, ADW, Go launcher, or launcher 7) I use launcher 7 and don't have any issues with f/c or glitches at all.
    Best of luck!

3. tattedman

tattedman Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    CTO ECCMag.com,ECC.me,ECCNewz.com
    La Puente CA

Like it was already said use a different launcher i have been looking through the moto forums for the latest upgrade and notice that seems to be a known issue if you have the latest update

4. aavidrose

aavidrose New Member

Jun 13, 2011
    It happens on the home screen, not just the browser. And I enabled and disabled it, played around with the animation, the pocket lock, etc. If I were in an app that had a specific orientation, it would stay or if I locked the screen on Kimble-fine, but otherwise, for every other screen (home, checking weather, messages, etc.) it would flop back-and-forth every 4 - 30 seconds. I guess I'm the only one that has experienced this issue. Hopefully it was just that phone (I sent it back).