• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola Cliq2 Orientation Issues

aavidrose

Lurker
Jun 13, 2011
I hope someone else has experienced this issue. My phone's orientation keeps switching back and forth between portrait and landscape. About every 4 - 30 seconds. Which means it never 'sleeps' so it kills my battery. I've closed and uninstalled almost everything, I've done a few factory resets, nothing works. How did this happen and if I get a replacement, how can I prevent it in the future?

I hope someone else has experienced this issue. My phone's orientation keeps switching back and forth between portrait and landscape. About every 4 - 30 seconds. Which means it never 'sleeps' so it kills my battery. I've closed and uninstalled almost everything, I've done a few factory resets, nothing works. How did this happen and if I get a replacement, how can I prevent it in the future?

Im assuming you have tried disabling it.
But just in case.
Try that.
You can also try a different launcher. And disable it in the new launcher (I.E. launcher pro, ADW, Go launcher, or launcher 7) I use launcher 7 and don't have any issues with f/c or glitches at all.
Best of luck!

Upvote 0
Im assuming you have tried disabling it.
But just in case.
Try that.
You can also try a different launcher. And disable it in the new launcher (I.E. launcher pro, ADW, Go launcher, or launcher 7) I use launcher 7 and don't have any issues with f/c or glitches at all.
Best of luck!

Like it was already said use a different launcher i have been looking through the moto forums for the latest upgrade and notice that seems to be a known issue if you have the latest update

Upvote 0
It happens on the home screen, not just the browser. And I enabled and disabled it, played around with the animation, the pocket lock, etc. If I were in an app that had a specific orientation, it would stay or if I locked the screen on Kimble-fine, but otherwise, for every other screen (home, checking weather, messages, etc.) it would flop back-and-forth every 4 - 30 seconds. I guess I'm the only one that has experienced this issue. Hopefully it was just that phone (I sent it back).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones