1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Motorola Droid Custom Rom Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SteroidalFish2, Aug 23, 2010.

1. SteroidalFish2

Aug 3, 2010
    Arkansas
    Hello everyone, I've been rooted for about a week, and was wanting to try custom roms. The problem is...NONE of them will work properly. Every single one I try, Simply Stunning, Cyanogen, Lithium Mod, Kangerade, Sapphire...they all fail. They all make the phone EXTREMELY slow, or cause it to not work at all. I tried out different kernels, such as UL, low, and even medium with no success. I performed all the necessary steps, flash SPR, stock 2.1 rooted rom. All I really want is a good theme, with different fonts, but I can't sacrifice my phone (or my sanity) to have these things. If there's anything anyone can do to help me, please do so. It would be much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. William T Riker

William T Riker Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Male
    East Coast USA
    Have you tried Pete's stock rooted roms? With the deodexed versions you can add a theme on top if you want. I use his FRG22 with Fabs xTheme over top of it and it blazes

Peter Alfonso

SteroidalFish2 likes this.
  3. SteroidalFish2

Aug 3, 2010
    Arkansas
    I'll look into it, I was really fond of JRummy's two roms, but both did the same thing as all the other roms. If it counts for anything, I tried Bugless Beast, and it performed the same. Anybody else ever have this issue?