1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

motorola droid internal sd Storage Issues

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by decemberblues, Jan 7, 2010.

1. decemberblues

decemberblues Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    I am close to reaching my limit on my internal storage; rumor has it that google android system does not support download/transfer of apps to the SD card[​IMG] (if this is true it defeats the purpose; I think). Is anyone able to confirm this and if it's not true how I do it? Because my phone has become extremely sluggish and yes I can uninstall some of the apps but I feel like it defeats the purpose of being able to download additional apps if there's a limit due to internal storage. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    I currently have 140 apps installed and over 100MB remaining. Just how many apps do you installed? And you can't tell me that you use them all. I ain't buying it!

Having said that, read THIS ARTICLE for some good news. Now you just need to find some patience. ;)

3. decemberblues

decemberblues Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    I know I dont have that much apps installed...are these going to your internal memory? because I pulled up my internal memory and it said I have 163mb left for internal mem and pretty much all of my 15gb sd card. what could be causing the problem?

4. johnwg49

johnwg49 Lurker
    None

Dec 3, 2010
    I was using the Dolphin browser and although it was stored on the SD card, temporary files were being stored on my internal phone memory. I deleted the browser, installed it and this time had the temp files stored to the sd card. I was able to free up over 160 mb. this way. That's a lot for a 256 internal phone storage capability.

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    This issue was fixed with Froyo, Android 2.2. And this thread is originally from back in January 2010, why revive it?

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Old threads are revived when a new member thinks to use the search feature here at AF. A too rare occurrence. Good for them. ;)