1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Motorola Droid Media Player Screeching Sound

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nganter33, Mar 20, 2010.

1. nganter33

nganter33 New Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hello Everyone,

I have had my Motorola Droid for about a month now, and I use Pandora frequently on my car stereo and when I workout in the gym. I notice that during high-pitched areas of songs, the audio becomes screechy for a second. This is a distinct sound and there is really no way for me to describe it, unless if I were to record it. However, if this has happened to you, you will know what I'm talking about.

I am running the default Android OS, from when I received the phone, 2.0.1.

I'm not sure if this is a Pandora, Android OS, or hardware issue. It happens frequently, on the high-pitched areas of songs.

Originally, I thought it was my headphones, because they have been through the washer a few times. :eek:

I have confirmed that it is not the headphones, and that is it something with the phone. Like I mentioned earlier, I believe either Pandora, Android OS, or hardware to be the culprit.

Is this happening to any other Droid 2.0.1 owners out there? I have not tested other media players for this issue, but I plan to soon. I just want to see if anyone else has noticed this or had this problem. I hope to narrow down what's causing this issue, as soon as I find some time.

Advertisement

2. nganter33

nganter33 New Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Has this happened to anybody else? :thinking:

3. choofins

choofins New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Go into your Pandora settings and change the audio quality to high while streaming on the network. Assuming you have unlimited data or you don't have a problem with your data usage, this is an easy fix.