1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Motorola Droid Roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wyattyoss, May 4, 2011.

1. wyattyoss

wyattyoss Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Ohio
    I've been running CyanogenMod7 since its first release client, and Peter Alfonso's Gingerbread before that. My outdated Droid is finally feeling outdated. Is there any good stable new roms out there? I don't know how i feel about Miui, but I would like a rom with maybe a newer version of Sense, or even the Motoblur Gingerbread that has been leaked for the Droid X and Droid 2. I would love to have a rom that comes rooted though, as I have noticed some newer ones require a rerooting. Thanks

Advertisement

2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Worldwide Logistics by day,Website design by night
    Olympus, Back on the throne!!!
    Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are looking for a GB ROM, maybe try Ultimate Droid, Simply Stunning, or Project Elite. If you are looking for a Froyo ROM, then the only one that is still being updated and fully supported by the Dev is this one: http://androidforums.com/droid-roms/329867-rom-droid-concepts-built-7-a.html.

Also, take a look at this forum as it lists all the ROMs available for the Droid and even has end user comments and reviews: Droid - ROMs - Android Forums.

As for ROMs that require a reroot, I have never heard of or come across that. Every ROM that I have ever installed, Froyo and GB, is already rooted. In fact, it seems really odd that there would be a ROM that is not rooted as the ROM requires root to allow the user to make the customizations that the ROM offers. I know that there are a few stock builds that are unrooted, but those are meant to be used to actually unroot a phone. Anyways, UD, CM, Pete, PE, SS, and DC are all ROMs that I have flashed in the last 2-3 months and they are all rooted already.

So, you have lots of choices and I hope that you find one that you like and that works for you.

Kratos

eljorge and wyattyoss like this.