1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Motorola Droid will not connect to Wi Fi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrismach, Dec 26, 2009.

1. chrismach

chrismach New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    My new Motorola Droid will not connect to my netgear home wi fi. Never had a problem with this sytem and the droid will connect to other home wi fi networks. Fails when findin ip address. Help?

Advertisement

2. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Minnesota
    did you try changing the channel on the wi-fi, i had to do it with mine before it would connect

3. billd

billd Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I've had a lot of problems at work with a Netgear as well as some problems with my Linksys at home. The Netgear will connect but if I try to do anything significant it will drop quickly. We've tried several channels. No luck. My co-workers with iPhones eem to have no trouble.

At home, it connects, and works for a while but always drops after a little while. My Sony PSP works great with the Linksys at home.

I've been expermienting at home by changing the router settings, Beacon Interval (from 100ms to 10ms), RTS Threshold (from 2432 bytes to 512 bytes) and Fragmentation Threshold (from 2346 bytes to 1024 bytes) and it seems to be helping.

I'm going to try to get the IT guy at work to modify the settings on the office router and see if that helps.