• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help motorola droid x wont turn completly back on, just illuminated black screen/insurance question.

sean.deo

Lurker
Feb 10, 2011
i just got my phone back from being stolen by a tweaker. and its in fine shape( not dropped or drenched) but when i turn it on the moto M pops up then goes away, leaving me with a illuminate black screen with no button response.

also dont know if i can contact insurance to fix it cause i got a replacement phone. can they make me send it back?(fuuk that!)

whatever advice is super helpful guys thanks!!

Basically what you are saying is that you made an insurance claim on the stolen phone, received a replacement phone, and then was able to recover the original phone. So now you have two phones. Just keep in mind that the first phone has been blacklisted and will not work on the Verizon network anymore. You might be able to use it as a wi-fi device only (to play games or browse the internet, etc), but you won't be able to use it as a cell phone or connect to the cell network. In reality, you are obligated to return the phone that has the warranty claim on it, but that is on your conscience and only you can decide if you are going to be a douche or not.

As far as trying to get it working again, I think your best/only hope is to use an SBF file to reflash the phone. That will probably fix whatever issue you are experiencing.

Upvote 0
so i cant find instructions on how to reflash the droid x without the d-pad. also i called verizon and they said the stolen phone wasnt blacklisted and asked me if i wanted it black listed and i said no(cause i was trying to find it at the time). the kid that stole it was using it succesfully.

plugged it to the laptop saying
bootloader 30.04
batt ok
OK to program
transfer mode:
USB

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
so this kid has been breaking into a whole bunch of hotels in a very large city in the northwest with 4 of his idiot friends.
he also was taking pictures of himself and the places he was breaking into with my stolen phone. then he tried to email them to his email adress. from my phone, so it popped up as "me" sending it to him.

so in my sent mail in my gmail were all these pictures of this jackass taking photos of himself in a mirror with my phone with this specific ugly case i bought for it.

his email adress was his full name so i my spaced and facebooked him and i had everything on him within 20 minutes.
girlfriend, gf phone#, adress, hometown, highschool. called the cops and two weeks later he got popped for another robbery, asked the cops for "his" phone back. they kept it for evidence and good thing they did.

i was gonna shitstomp this little tweaker but he is gettin his, in jail.this story hella funny actually cause its so stupid. i just wanna get this phone to work so i can give it to my girlfriend(that paid for the replacement) cause these things are so expensive ya know? thanks guys!

oh yea to answer your question i got the phone back because a private detective picked me up in the middle of work and had taken me down to the evidence facility and had me try to get the phone working. which i wasnt able to at the time but i just got the sd card to work and just phone pictures of hime with a whole bunch of money in little crackhead wads all over a bed among other things.slutty ugly girlfriend and shit.

Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0
OK - so your replacement phone wasn't received through an insurance claim, but rather just out of pocket. That makes sense, but your first post wasn't very clear on the subject.

You've already seen how to get the phone into the mode you need to reflash it. But you need to download the Motorola drivers onto a computer that you can use to hook the phone up to and reflash. Any laptop or regular computer should work.

Check out this post - specifically the Guide to restoring your Droid X to stock VIA RSD Lite "SBF" . That walks you through the entire process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones