1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Motorola Droid X2 Icon Dock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZombieHuckFinn, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ZombieHuckFinn

None

Jun 20, 2011
    Okay has anyone else had issues with adding icons to the permanent 4 icon dock on the home screen? I accidentally replaced the dialer icon with another and it will not let me put the dialer icon back in the dock. When I attempt to drag the dialer into the dock it turns red and does not allow me to drop it in the dock. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Being as I'm unfamiliar with your device I haven't a suggestion. I just popped in to extend a welcome to AF. I hope another will step in with some help for you.

ZombieHuckFinn likes this.
  3. anticipator

anticipator Member
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Go to your apps area on your phone. Hold down the dialer widget icon and drag it to your main homescreen. Then, long press down on the dialer icon on your homescreen. The four icons down at the bottom will change to have four plus signs. Then, hold down on your dialer icon and drag it down to the bottom and release it on one of the bottom icons.

4. gottoon

gottoon Newbie
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Good writeup but it isn't for the correct location. There are 4 apps you can add to the dock app. only if you have a dock can you get to it to add it.

It didn't work for me either. I went with a new dock app... bedside. But I use it as my alarm clock.

5. ZombieHuckFinn

None

Jun 20, 2011
    It turns out that despite looking the same there are in fact two different "Dialer" icons. If you accidentally replace the icon that initially is located in the icon dock with another like I did then here are the steps to replace it. First long click on the home screen "to add to home screen" then select "shortcuts." You will notcie that on this screen there is an option to select "Dialer" about 6 or so icons down. This is not the correct one. Instead you want to select the "applications" option. Upon selecting applications you will be brought to a tab that will ask you to select activity. Id you scroll down you will find a "Dialer" icon. This is the one that you want to select. When you select it it will drop it onto your home screen. Now you will be able to long click and drag it to the icon dock.

I hope this helps anyone else who ran into this problem. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind having two "Dialer" icons where only one is able to be docked is but at least we have a solution now. Thanks to everyone who offered their help!