• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola e2 wiped all the partitions in twrp recovery (internal storage also).

yash mittal

Lurker
Nov 18, 2020
Please help me as i have wiped all the partitions in twrp recovery and it shows this picture when i choose recovey option in the bootloader menu.Please help me as i am using a tablet instead of my moto e2 because can't afford a new one and i am not able to manage any futher with my tab as that is also 10 years old. Please help me make this phone workable with any operating system which garantees no viruses. It was previously running on android version 5.It also has this always on screen with the bootloader unlocking warning screen which is on until the phone's battery dies. I am able to go to fastboot mode please see all the images and the video files for assisting me better. Thank you !.
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG

Did you use TWRP to make a backup before you erased everything? If so, where did you store it? And if you don't mind my asking, what were you trying to do and what did you expect "erase all partitions" to do?

The curious thing is that the last couple of images look like a stock recovery, not TWRP, which implies that TWRP was not actually installed on your phone. So how exactly did you run TWRP? Did you use "fastboot boot" to boot it with a TWRP image or something? If so then you can also do the same thing again and load a custom ROM using TWRP. But as many phones don't support "fastboot boot" I don't know whether this is what you did (which is why I'm asking).

Anyway if you didn't use TWRP to take a backup before wiping everything, you don't have TWRP installed on the device, and your device doesn't support "fastboot boot" then you have no alternative but to reflash it with stock motorola firmware. As I've never owned a Moto smartphone I'm not familiar with where you would find this or what you would use to flash it, but hopefully others will be.

Don't worry about "viruses". The stock software won't contain malware, and there actually aren't any Android viruses (there is malware, but not the type that is correctly called a "virus". Android malware is invariably of the "trojan" type, i.e. hidden inside an app that the user installs on their device). So if you are careful about what you install and don't let others have access to your phone you shouldn't have to worry about malware.

Reactions: yash mittal
Upvote 0
Did you use TWRP to make a backup before you erased everything? If so, where did you store it? And if you don't mind my asking, what were you trying to do and what did you expect "erase all partitions" to do?

The curious thing is that the last couple of images look like a stock recovery, not TWRP, which implies that TWRP was not actually installed on your phone. So how exactly did you run TWRP? Did you use "fastboot boot" to boot it with a TWRP image or something? If so then you can also do the same thing again and load a custom ROM using TWRP. But as many phones don't support "fastboot boot" I don't know whether this is what you did (which is why I'm asking).

Anyway if you didn't use TWRP to take a backup before wiping everything, you don't have TWRP installed on the device, and your device doesn't support "fastboot boot" then you have no alternative but to reflash it with stock motorola firmware. As I've never owned a Moto smartphone I'm not familiar with where you would find this or what you would use to flash it, but hopefully others will be.

Don't worry about "viruses". The stock software won't contain malware, and there actually aren't any Android viruses (there is malware, but not the type that is correctly called a "virus". Android malware is invariably of the "trojan" type, i.e. hidden inside an app that the user installs on their device). So if you are careful about what you install and don't let others have access to your phone you shouldn't have to worry about malware.
Thank you so much i will do that and let you know

Upvote 0

i have flashed stock motorola firmware in my device but still it is stuck on warning bootloader unloked screen and does not boot into an os.
my guesses are that my phone does not has an operating system as i had cleared all the partitions in twrp after which twrp also got deleted from my recovery and i had tried to reflash twrp but not happening. for installing os we need twrp that is not happenening i am stucked i think it has got bricked pls help me. i am also ok with having a video call and explaining the problem to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones