1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Motorola Electrify WorldPhone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AhmadCentral, Sep 24, 2011.

1. AhmadCentral

AhmadCentral Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Ok guys, i know this is really early, and i'm not expecting answers soon- but-

I Just want to confirm a few things with people before i import this phone into the UK.

1- The phone is a worldphone and works with umts/wcdma 2100Mhz
    2- The phone is the same spec/design as the Photon 4G but without 4G
    3- the phone has a UNLOCKED sim card slot out of the box.
    4- The phone works in the UK with a UK sim card for voice/text/data (e.g Three UK)
    5- The market works in

Advertisement

2. seeeejaaaay

seeeejaaaay Guest

1. Yes and No. It is a world phone but the gsm portion does not support 2100mhz
    Motorola Electrify Full Specifications And Price Details - Gadgetian
    2. Yes
    3. Yes, I am good friends with a US Cellular service tech and he believes so
    4. Yes, provided the frequencies match up
    5. I don't know, but I'm going to assume no. But why does it matter?
    6. According to my research, you should be able to. If you want, drop a comment on my thread here. I'd appreciate it. http://androidforums.com/motorola-e...electrify-free-internet-life.html#post3297623
    7. USCC is strange because most of their updates are actually via a pc and USB connection, so you should be fine.
    8. Not to my knowledge, but I suggest you do a bit of googling.

3. AhmadCentral

AhmadCentral Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Sounds good so far.

Just two more questions. Three UK are a 3G only network and run on 2100Mhz frequency. They use sim cards. If i was to put in a Three Uk sim card, would it work?

And also, do you know if this phone will be released without contract by a retailer who ships to the UK. E.g amazon/ebay.

Thanks.

4. seeeejaaaay

seeeejaaaay Guest

Well, as I said before, 2100mhz is not supported for GSM! I can't put it more plainly. And also, just go on eBay and buy one, it's cheeper.