• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola email client stops autosyncing after 8 hours

trevwells99

Lurker
May 25, 2011
Hi all!

I have a Moto Defy MB525. The email client works fine and integrates with the Motorola message widget which is great.

However, after 8 hours of activity the mail client stop to sync automatically, regardless of the sync time interval or any other setting, reception issues, available Ram and so forth.

I have tried: factory reset, different autosync intervals, different ISPs, different mail engines (POP,IMAP and exchange) but the problem persists.

After 8 hours or so the auto sync stops. Booting the phone does not help. The only remedy is to change something in the email client account settings (any change that is) and then everything is up and running for another 8 hours!

I have installed K9 email and it works great! However, it does not integrate with the Moto message widget and has no email widget that I found which works.

I also tried to look for a script editor which will automatically perform the account details modifications periodically but could not find such a thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Trevor

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones