1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Motorola email client stops autosyncing after 8 hours

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trevwells99, May 25, 2011.

1. trevwells99

trevwells99 Lurker

Hi all!

I have a Moto Defy MB525. The email client works fine and integrates with the Motorola message widget which is great.

However, after 8 hours of activity the mail client stop to sync automatically, regardless of the sync time interval or any other setting, reception issues, available Ram and so forth.

I have tried: factory reset, different autosync intervals, different ISPs, different mail engines (POP,IMAP and exchange) but the problem persists.

After 8 hours or so the auto sync stops. Booting the phone does not help. The only remedy is to change something in the email client account settings (any change that is) and then everything is up and running for another 8 hours!

I have installed K9 email and it works great! However, it does not integrate with the Moto message widget and has no email widget that I found which works.

I also tried to look for a script editor which will automatically perform the account details modifications periodically but could not find such a thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Trevor

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trevwells99

trevwells99 Lurker

They suggested - K9 mail !

3. trevwells99

trevwells99 Lurker

Am I the only one suffering from this problem world wide?

4. richspils

richspils Lurker

You're not the only one.
    It's happening to me, I haven't worked out why.

5. richspils

richspils Lurker

actually it's happening to my defy mail client :)

6. trevwells99

trevwells99 Lurker

I suggest switching to K9 mail which works like a charm. The only downside is that you can not integrate it with the motorola message widget...

Motorola Defy Forum

The Motorola Defy release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP 3610 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews