• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola Media Link and Video Playback on The Droid

Okay, I'm new and maybe not the "tech genius of the world" but I've been reading these forums for the past 3 hours and I still don't have my desired results. I'm trying to put a video on my Motorola Droid. I had the video file and have been using handbrake to try to convert it. I had to wait all night for the thing to convert but this morning it had finally completed. I dropped the new MP4 file into Motorola Media Link and it played perfectly from there (sounded great, looked great). So I mounted my Droid dropped the file on the SD and low and behold I have great sound of the movie but no picture. (What's even more strange is that the video is located in the gallery behind an image of me from a video I had previously taken). I downloaded Meridian from the market and it says the file is "unplayable- Too big screen size" (It will play the sound of the movie if I click the file). It shows the setting as AVC1/ MP4a codec 836 x 366. According to the forums here, it appears other people are playing video with even bigger video sizes so this doens't make sense to me. Also why does it play perfectly on Motorola Media Link and not on my Droid if that is the whole purpose of the media link?
Any help... anyone...please?
It would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, I'm new and maybe not the "tech genius of the world" but I've been reading these forums for the past 3 hours and I still don't have my desired results. I'm trying to put a video on my Motorola Droid. I had the video file and have been using handbrake to try to convert it. I had to wait all night for the thing to convert but this morning it had finally completed. I dropped the new MP4 file into Motorola Media Link and it played perfectly from there (sounded great, looked great). So I mounted my Droid dropped the file on the SD and low and behold I have great sound of the movie but no picture. (What's even more strange is that the video is located in the gallery behind an image of me from a video I had previously taken). I downloaded Meridian from the market and it says the file is "unplayable- Too big screen size" (It will play the sound of the movie if I click the file). It shows the setting as AVC1/ MP4a codec 836 x 366. According to the forums here, it appears other people are playing video with even bigger video sizes so this doens't make sense to me. Also why does it play perfectly on Motorola Media Link and not on my Droid if that is the whole purpose of the media link?
Any help... anyone...please?
It would be greatly appreciated.

I had the exact same problem using handbrake. For some files, it would play but with no sound. This was all using previously posted resolution etc. specifications. I've also dragged and dropped as well as used media lync to sync.

You can always use medialync to reformat the file (it will do this automatically if you add any video file (e.g., avi) and then sync. However, you will have no control over the formatting. I did this with a copy of the hangover and it plays fine. However, the picture is super small. (I think media lync may have formatted it to play in portrait automatically instead of landscape?).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones