• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Media Link

jimbo1mcm

Android Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2010
Works nicely for my X. I just downloaded about 8 gigs of my music. It sync'd my videos also. Works well, but you have to select what you want to sync in the settings. Took me a while to figure it out. Also, if you try to sync a DRM protected MP3, the X gets cranky and kind of freezes up and displays a get license in the notification area.

I initially synced all of my music from my pc. However, any new music that I buy and want to sync over to my phone I can't do without MML syncing the entire library again and I end up with the same songs twice. How can I change this in settings when I want only new music not on my phone to sync over??? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Why bother with the probably buggy Motorola syncer? I just use Windows Media Player 12. I know it used to have a bad rep a few years ago, but it's gotten a lot better, and I've had zero problems with duplicates. I organize my files in Media Monkey with a Genre/Artist/Album folder structure, and WMP12 reproduces my folder structure just fine (except Genre, but I actually haven't synced an entire genre, that would fill up my phone!). I know it doesn't have problems with duplicates because I'd initially just put a bunch of songs from a playlist on, then I synced some of the full albums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones