• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Milestone , Acer Liquid Or Others ?

Hey

I Was all Set to get the milestone until i read that we cant put custom roms in it
i felt pretty much the same way anybody felt , but i coudn't find another device without the annoying ClearPad 2000 with 2 touches only

until i found the Liquid .. a device that i know nothing about , does it have the multi-touch problem ? will it get froyo ? is it overclock-able ? is it smooth ? and allots of other things

And what about the LG Ally and MyTouch 3G Slide , will we get an unlocked version of them ? , what the hell people , i want a smooth phone with eclair and a good camera (at least 5MP) and at least 3.5" screen and (preferably) QWERTY without the damn multi-touch and the "no custom-roms" problem .. GSM of course cause i'm in europe

any suggestions ?

The multitouch problem won't matter unless you play games that require multitouch. Normal use won't matter that much.

If you run donut on Liquid it is overclockable. If 2.1 then you have to wait.

Don't know about 2.2, but there is plenty of people working on custom rom for Liquid.

I would say that the Liquid is pretty smooth.

Upvote 0
The multitouch problem won't matter unless you play games that require multitouch. Normal use won't matter that much.

If you run donut on Liquid it is overclockable. If 2.1 then you have to wait.

Don't know about 2.2, but there is plenty of people working on custom rom for Liquid.

I would say that the Liquid is pretty smooth.

Multitouch also makes browsing the internet a breeze.

Upvote 0
ya i dont understand why u wouldnt want multitouch...

if you like a physical keyboard go with the milestone, if not the liquid is a pretty solid phone for a good price. its pretty simple and has some good specs/features and looks like a solid build. i dont think ud have much if any problems with the liquid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones