• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Motorola Moto G - Full signal bars but 'No Service'

krooboy

Lurker
Aug 1, 2014
Hi,

I recently unlocked my Moto G and have been using it for a few days with no issues, today it started displaying full or high bars of signal but cannot send texts or make calls and says No Service where it normally says the network name (giffgaff). Mobile data, however, is working fine.

I have tried going to mobile network settings and connecting to a different network then back to giffgaff, this briefly gets rid of the No Service message but I still can't make calls. I have also factory reset the phone with no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Theo

I moved your thread to your device section where I think you'll get the best help. Also I got rid of the duplicate thread to cut down on confusion.

I probably won't be of much help with this device but if I gather this correctly, you unlocked your device and flashed it to an MVNO carrier (giffgaff)? And now you are having network issues?

I would guess that it's probably your APN settings. The guide on your carrier site should help walk you through that: Internet and MMS settings (APN) guide - The giffgaff community

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones