• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola Razr MAXX screen won't wake

Aleks C

Lurker
Dec 13, 2014
Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this.

My Razr MAXX's screen won't wake. When I push the power button on the side, the LED doesn't turn on to light up the screen and I don't get any touch feedback (vibrations) when I press where buttons would be if the phone were on.

I have tried to perform multiple soft resets (Power + Volume Down) and they have not worked. I notice that the blinking LED on the phone's top will stop and then start again as if the phone was rebooting, but the screen never wakes up. I have performed these with the SIM and Micro SD cards both in and out ... but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello and welcome to the forums. See your having trouble with you maxx . I see done a soft reset have you done a factory data reset . the hard reset aka factory data reset maybe needed this is due to a app that may have disconfigured the setting .try the factory data reset . during this time I will move your thread to the proper section for better help . post back if you need any help .

Upvote 0
From the Verizon website ...
  1. Power up the phone by pressing the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + PWR KEY . This takes a few tries to get the pattern Down right as it did for Me.
  2. The device will enumerate with different BOOT OPTIONS
  3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL and VOL UP Key to SELECT
  4. Select Recovery: You Have 5 to 10 to Sec. to Select this Feature or it will kick the Process out. An you will have to Start Over Again!!
  5. The device will start up with Motorola logo and power up to a little Android man logo with Exclamation mark
  6. Press the VOL UP and VOL DOWN Key together at this screen
  7. The device will display BLUE Text on a Black background .
  8. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll DOWN and the PWR Key to SELECT the option desired .
  9. In this case , press the VOL DOWN key till the Wipe data / factory reset is selected and press the PWR key to confirm the selection .
  10. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the PWR key toCONFIRM .
  11. The device will then start performing the Factory Data Reset
  12. Once the Formatting is complete , press the PWR key to confirm a REBOOT
  13. The message rebooting is displayed on the phone.
  14. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .
If the screen remains off I think your next step is to go in for a repair/replace.

... Thom

Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones