1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Motorola Readying Tegra 3 devices for early 2012?!!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by vcarvega, May 23, 2011.

1. vcarvega

vcarvega Newbie

I purchased an Evo on 2 yr contract last summer... I almost broke my contract for the Thunderbolt. I LOVE 4G, and knowing that Verizon's is vastly faster than what I currently enjoy with Sprint... I could not help but to be tempted.

However in recent weeks, we have learned about Ice Cream Sandwich which should be out by the holiday. And this morning I came across this article regarding the Moto Jet and Moto Bullet. The tech is moving so fast that it truly pays to wait and be patient... I love the prospect of a Tegra 3, Verizon 4G, Ice Cream sandwich flavored Android phone being available early next year!

Just when I was getting excited for dual core phones... I think this next leap is going to be much larger.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert

3. Fetch Questman

Fetch Questman Well-Known Member

irony?

jroc likes this.
  4. vcarvega

vcarvega Newbie

Yea, I have no doubts that the Xoom 2 will sport a Tegra 3... but I do have my doubts that it will be out as early as this Autumn! I know Nvidia said it'd be out on tablets by August... but honestly, I expect to see them in phones before tablets.

I will buy a Samsung or Motorola branded tablet with a Tegra 3, running Ice Cream Sandwich... but I won't upgrade from the Xoom for anything less. And I don't expect to see any of those until next Spring at the earliest.

5. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Not only Motorola, but also others will introduce Tegra 3 or equivalent platforms in 6-8 months. That's how short is the power phone cycle.