1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Motorola Rooter Workin on Epic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chacen.droid, Mar 17, 2011.

1. chacen.droid

chacen.droid Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Hi there guys, my friend has asked for my help in rooting her epic, I have only worked with a my moto Droid and Droid X so the Samsung world is new to me and I have a couple questions.

Her epic is currently completely stock running 2.1

Who are the major players in the Epic ROM game?
    Also in moto rooting we have RSD Lite and SBF files to return to stock, I see "Odin" alot is this the equivalent?
    If anyone's ever worked with moto devices are there any major differences as to what you can and can't do with root or how ROMs and such work?
    Also her phone is having a problem in that it recieves multiple duplicate text messages both in the stock messaging app and in handcent SMS, is this a common problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks so much in advanced for any help, and as I'm sure ill have more questions along the way ill keep them contained in this thread.

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    CM7 is in Alpha testing (but is rock solid and just missing some functions). Syndicate would be a good place to start and stay "stock" if she likes it.

Odin is the equivalent of SBF. The Epic can be bricked and not fixable through Odin though.

Never rooted a Moto... So I can't comment on the differences. No limitations on the Epic though.

In the stock messaging app hit Menu/Settings and turn off notifications to eliminate the duplicates.

chacen.droid likes this.
  3. chacen.droid

None

Dec 20, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Thanks for the quick reply, so the epic CAN be fubar'd? That may effect my decision to help lol.

Sorry I should have been more clear as to the messaging problem, notifications are off in the stock app what I'm saying is sometimes she will receive the same message in the same app multiple times sometimes up to 16 of the same message. Any ideas?

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Yes, it can be broken but is very unlikely. Just don't flash ROMs for other phones ;)

No idea then. Try a profile update then reboot?

5. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    midnight rom is solid as well, less quirks then syndicate imo.

chacen.droid likes this.
  6. chacen.droid

None

Dec 20, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Thanks alot gu,ys you've definately givin me a good starting point I'm gonna do some more digging on your ROM suggestions, I hope CM gets more complete soon I run CM6 on my Droid and love it so ill keep an eye on that.

I get my hands on the phone this weekend so ill keep you guys up to date.

Thanks again guys!