• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Motorola Triumph Brick Fix

So I plan to root my motorola triumph soon and flash miui on. I'm really scared of bricking my phone. I know about recovery image and cmw but will recovery image always work? If not is there anything else that always works.

this phone is impossible to brick... :D trust me i would know! lol so your safe to root and flash roms as you'd like. just remember to keep a nandroid backup

also the most harm you can do to this phone is boot loop. which is easily fixable by reflashing a rom or restoring that nandroid backup that you should make as soon as you get clockwork mod recovery on your device

Reactions: zaphodbblx
Upvote 0
Yes there are fixes. I wouldn't say impossible to brick, but darn near. We can help you out if you run into issues. Don't be afraid! :D

The only way I could think of bricking it by using QPST and flashing a .nb0 file from a totally different phone... But I'm not going to test that lol :D.

So long as you use CWM and follow the steps that the creator leaves for installing the rom you should be safe. :D

Reactions: agentc13
Upvote 0
this phone is impossible to brick... :D trust me i would know! lol so your safe to root and flash roms as you'd like. just remember to keep a nandroid backup

also the most harm you can do to this phone is boot loop. which is easily fixable by reflashing a rom or restoring that nandroid backup that you should make as soon as you get clockwork mod recovery on your device

Nandroid backups are the most amazing noob proofing ever believe me i'm a NooB and I know!

Upvote 0
Kewl kewl also what are adb commands

Here's an article on Android Debugging Bridge: Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers.

The main commands you would need to know are: adb devices (tells you the serial of the phone coneccted if anything), adb push (location on computer) (location on device) (pushes apk or anything to the phone in a certain location), adb logcat (shows all the info about your phone while its connected, e.g. processes, screen on and off, errors, etc.), adb remount (remounts with su permissions), adb shell (enters the phone, so you can controll it basically), and lots more... You can always google the commands if you ever need them... :D

Upvote 0
The only way I could think of bricking it by using QPST and flashing a .nb0 file from a totally different phone... But I'm not going to test that lol :D.

So long as you use CWM and follow the steps that the creator leaves for installing the rom you should be safe. :D

Yeah that would probably do it like!! Never thought of that but yeah I'd say flashing a .nb0 from another phone would toast it. Still maybe able to recover in Linux if you could get in download mode though. Idk its hard to say and I'm not trying like!!

Upvote 0
Yeah that would probably do it like!! Never thought of that but yeah I'd say flashing a .nb0 from another phone would toast it. Still maybe able to recover in Linux if you could get in download mode though. Idk its hard to say and I'm not trying like!!

yea... if download mode was still accessible you could probably fix it... I'm not gonna risk $300 just to test it either! :eek:

Upvote 0
Correction re wiped and installed works fine.

I bricked ny frisy m/t back in the end of july called virgin sent it in and they sent me replacement and never heard a word about it from virgin . not sure what i did but i was new to smart phone but with this forum i have learned and can do any thing posted . Its all about reading tje destructions.LOL

Upvote 0
Hello, first time poster here. seems i have bricked mine? stuck on original non animated motorola logo. i did a wipe data/factory reset and also a format system thinking i had the rom on there ready to go. somehow it was misplaced. so i tried rebooting the phone, also boot into recovery, and boot into bootloader mode. any help would be greatly appreciated...

Upvote 0
Hello, first time poster here. seems i have bricked mine? stuck on original non animated motorola logo. i did a wipe data/factory reset and also a format system thinking i had the rom on there ready to go. somehow it was misplaced. so i tried rebooting the phone, also boot into recovery, and boot into bootloader mode. any help would be greatly appreciated...

Did you use the correct CWM recovery.img on the phone, cause when i personally flashed mine at first i accidentally downloaded the newest CWM which i believe is for tablets and it would only show the stock moto image and then a battery image, i fixed it by finding the correct CWM recovery img 5.0.2.6 i believe, easy to find on here and replacing my non working one with the correct one

wipe data/factory reset is fine, but if you had the zip file for your rom on the SD card and u Reformatted you may have wiped the sd card, deleteing the zip files, in which case your problem is fixable as long as your still able to access download mode and CWM recovery mode

if the phone doesnt boot into android, but still can go into CWM then you can place the files on the sd using an sd reader and ur pc, then reinsert the sd in the phone and boot into CWM and rewipe/reflash

Reactions: lauucken
Upvote 0
Did you use the correct CWM recovery.img on the phone, cause when i personally flashed mine at first i accidentally downloaded the newest CWM which i believe is for tablets and it would only show the stock moto image and then a battery image, i fixed it by finding the correct CWM recovery img 5.0.2.6 i believe, easy to find on here and replacing my non working one with the correct one

wipe data/factory reset is fine, but if you had the zip file for your rom on the SD card and u Reformatted you may have wiped the sd card, deleteing the zip files, in which case your problem is fixable as long as your still able to access download mode and CWM recovery mode

if the phone doesnt boot into android, but still can go into CWM then you can place the files on the sd using an sd reader and ur pc, then reinsert the sd in the phone and boot into CWM and rewipe/reflash

first of all, thanks for the hasty reply, second, i did use the CWM recovery img 5.0.2.6 wipe data/factory reset and format so im unable to get into CWM recovery mode just stuck on motorola logo no matter which way i turn it on. so you're saying if i put my recovery img backup onto the sd it is possible to boot into android?

Upvote 0
first of all, thanks for the hasty reply, second, i did use the CWM recovery img 5.0.2.6 wipe data/factory reset and format so im unable to get into CWM recovery mode just stuck on motorola logo no matter which way i turn it on. so you're saying if i put my recovery img backup onto the sd it is possible to boot into android?
Possibly, as long as u never installed the new rom, but clearing you sd if that what happened would have deleted some data, but i was simply trying to clearify what's actually working, and figure out if u made it any further then formatting so I can try to further assist you, so booting while holding power,volume up,volume down doesn't goto cwm recovery?

And booting while holding power,volume down doesn't boot it into download mode?

If u can go into download mode u need to replace at least the recovery.img for cwm so you can boot into it( if in download mode and MOBILE folder is empty report back)

If the answer to both is yes, ill assume you deleted things that shouldn't have been, no need to panic yet, still got some things try, plus even more experienced people will most likely jump in with more info

Again if the answer is basically your phone doesn't boot android/cwm/or download mode
Try shutting the phone off, remove all connections, USB, headphone, etc, pull battery for a minute, put battery back in, no cables connected still, and hold power, and volume down to see if download mode works now

Upvote 0
Ok so I took my sd card put into a sd card reader, transferred over the original recovery img and so I am now able to boot to CWM recovery as well as download mode but not the android system. So im thinking i'll be able to load a new rom and flash it and hopefully get this going again, thank you so much for your help!

Upvote 0
Ok so I took my sd card put into a sd card reader, transferred over the original recovery img and so I am now able to boot to CWM recovery as well as download mode but not the android system. So im thinking i'll be able to load a new rom and flash it and hopefully get this going again, thank you so much for your help!

Yeah, use the card reader to put the ROMs flashable zip on your card and you will be good.

Upvote 0

I don't know what u mean, usually u put the image straight to the phone thru download mode, not the SD

But dont even worry about that if cwm and download mode are both working ur all good, and
What agent said is correct, u put ur zip with the rom, gapps zip if needed on SD and just don't wipe ur SD this time, whichever rom you choose will have instructions on it page for that rom

Good to hear your got it going again

Upvote 0
alright! so, i redownloaded the recovery and rom and was able to boot up into miui rom but now the problem lies in this pesky little message that keeps popping up, "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." This seems to be the only problem with this beautiful rom...

[FIXED] Cleared data in contacts under manage applications

Thank you guys so much for all your help, I really appreciate it!!

Upvote 0
alright! so, i redownloaded the recovery and rom and was able to boot up into miui rom but now the problem lies in this pesky little message that keeps popping up, "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." This seems to be the only problem with this beautiful rom...

[FIXED] Cleared data in contacts under manage applications

Thank you guys so much for all your help, I really appreciate it!!

Once it was functional again, did you fresh wipe data/ install, seems like somethings missing for and android. error, also i dont really run the miui, was there anything listed on the page stating youd get an error

if your now comfortable playing with it i would suggest reflashing
1. wipe data/factory reset
2.clear cache
3. advanced clear dalvik cache
4. reflash rom and gapps if needed
5. reboot and error Should'nt be there

Upvote 0
Good news!! We are allllll good on my end, rewiped, reflashed the rom and things are working perfectly. Quadrant standards benchmark is giving me 2000-2300, so oo close to nexus tablet!! Thanks again, everyone's been a real help!

NP, its good to hear you got it working

Most common errors after flashing commonly stems from left over data lingering around, although there is rare weird cases, rewipe/reflash seems to work in most cases

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones