1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Motorola Triumph- CM7 MMS Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theothernewguy, Apr 16, 2012.

1. theothernewguy

I recently installed CM7 Reloaded for my triumph and it's 10X better than the stock :D. However, I noticed a drawback right away when I tried to send ringtones/notification tones. The ones I download cannot be selected. Only the stock tones can be selected. The stock ROM I had before allowed me to select downloaded ringtones along with all my music. Is this a known issue in Gingerbread? Or is it something specific?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gutterrat74

gutterrat74 Newbie

I think you have to manually put them in a specific folder..tryto find your original ringtones with a file manager then when you find them move the ones you downloaded to where you're stock ringtones are

3. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

Also try a program like Zedge. Once you download a ringtone with it, it gives you a "set" button, and you choose "Notification" for messages, and whatnot.

4. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

Moved this to the all root section since it has to do with being rooted.

I do believe you need to have a folder structure like media/audio/notifications/(whatever notifications you want here) on your sdcard for the items to be selectable as notifications. If you have them like that then i'm not sure what is wrong.

5. theothernewguy

I already have the ringtones set in the notifications folder as described and the phone recognized them as notifications. The problem is that I couldn't send them via messaging like I could with the stock ROM. However, I found a loophole in all the nonsense. I downloaded Ringdroid and saved the notification I wanted to send as a Ringtone instead and I was able to send it that way.

So I'm able to send ringtones but not notifications. Why can't I send notification tones?

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews