1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Motorola Triumph Development Questions!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JALStudios, May 7, 2012.

1. JALStudios

JALStudios Member

I am wanting to design my own Roms/Kernels! I am pretty familiar with computers but not with Developing Roms!

I would greatly appreciate any help that anybody could give me to start developing Roms for the Triumph and possibly other devices!

2. Hadesminion13

Hadesminion13 Newbie

I believe CM7 is open source. I have never personally tried developing ROMs (Furthest I am is developing apps, for those you need Java and/or C++ and with both it makes it really easy. I would think it's the same for ROMs but not positive), but I assume with some programming knowledge you'd be able to take a look into the sauce and learn a bit.

3. JALStudios

JALStudios Member

Ok...thanks for the info! I am trying to design different Gingerbread/ICS roms with a working camera!

4. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

This is where I got started. I am still mostly a copy and paster myself, but I'm learning. I've even been able to contribute a tiny bit. Another place is
    HTML:
    1. http://source.android.com/
    The place where most things got started.
    And don't be afraid to ask questions, even the dumb ones. I like to do it in the forums instead of PM'ing someone because I know someone out there had the same questions and could be helped by a good answer.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews