• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Motorola Triumph Development Questions!

I believe CM7 is open source. I have never personally tried developing ROMs (Furthest I am is developing apps, for those you need Java and/or C++ and with both it makes it really easy. I would think it's the same for ROMs but not positive), but I assume with some programming knowledge you'd be able to take a look into the sauce and learn a bit.

Upvote 0
I am wanting to design my own Roms/Kernels! I am pretty familiar with computers but not with Developing Roms!

I would greatly appreciate any help that anybody could give me to start developing Roms for the Triumph and possibly other devices!

This is where I got started. I am still mostly a copy and paster myself, but I'm learning. I've even been able to contribute a tiny bit. Another place is
HTML:
http://source.android.com/
The place where most things got started.
And don't be afraid to ask questions, even the dumb ones. I like to do it in the forums instead of PM'ing someone because I know someone out there had the same questions and could be helped by a good answer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones