1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Motorola Triumph promblems

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bd2448, Jan 14, 2012.

1. bd2448

bd2448 Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    Hi, I am new here. Anyway, my problem is that my Motorola Triumph will turn on and shut off.
    Basically here is what is happening:
    I turn my phone on
    The Virgin Mobile splash screen comes on
    My lock screen comes up and in the notification menu it say, "a new battery parameters detected" (does anyone know what this means.
    Then the phone shuts off.

All this happens in less than 30 seconds.
    Also the phone say I have 0% battery.

I called Virgin Mobile and they are sending me a new battery, will this fix the problem?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Aug 31, 2011
    Skaro
    Hey bd2448!

Thanks for stopping by here, I use the Triumph.

It sounds to me like something is going on with the battery :eek:. It shutting down right after booting indicates that it is probably out of a charge. A replacement battery should get you set.

If the replacement doesn't help, you should check out the Triumph specific forums and ask about it more (or anything else you need): Motorola Triumph - Android Forums

I post there regularly and will be looking for you do join in the fun times!:p

bd2448 likes this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello and welcome to Android Forum. You should check-out your device's area of support Motorola Triumph - Android Forums to see if anybody has had this problem before - and if so, knows if a new battery will fix the problem.

Edit
    Ninja'd by Agentc13 :)

bd2448 likes this.
  4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Aug 31, 2011
    Skaro
    :D

5. Vancefish

Vancefish Lurker
    None

Dec 11, 2013
    I'm new here. This is my old phone.

Originally I had a destroyed charge port. I repaired that a few times before it died outright. Unfortunately I must have had it set to not save my contacts. I lost many phone numbers.

So I bought a parts phone (cracked screen) on ebay. After charging the battery in the "new" phone. I Iinstalled it in the old phone.

Now I too get this error. A new battery parameters detected.

I have two batteries and they both show charged on the "new" phone. Just not on the one I need. It just cycles when plugged in.

6. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hi Vancefish. I'm sorry you are having problems. Are the two batteries identical? Phones are made to run on a specific battery and perhaps that is the cause of the error you are getting. I'm only taking a guess. For more information you might check out the discussion area we have for your phone. Open this link and then give your phone link a click. Best of luck and thanks for joining Android Forums.
    Android Phones - Android Forums

7. Vancefish

Vancefish Lurker
    None

Dec 11, 2013
    I already did check the area specifically for my phone. I went through all the titles to the end. The only thread I found on the subject was THIS thread. Which oddly fits my issue perfectly, as well as being about the exact same model phone.

Maybe this thread should be moved to this phones "area". That is where I found it though.

Both phones are identical. Both batteries (other then mine looks better) seem to work fine in the "new" cracked screen parts phone. I added a micro SD to the old phone and now it says "A new battery parameters detected",.. THEN "Okay to remove the SD card", THEN it shuts off. It then goes into this repeating "charge" cycle.

As I said before. Both batteries show full charge on the new phone. I need to get it to work on my old phone, so I can get my old contacts back.

8. Vancefish

Vancefish Lurker
    None

Dec 11, 2013
    Maybe I should start my own thread on this same subject, in the Motorola Triumph section? I assumed this was the same issue, and would thus NOT clog up the works around here.

9. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Absolutely. Feel free to start your own thread. Title it where everyone knows what you are asking. State your problem clearly so that everyone there has a good foothold to address your concerns. Best of luck.

10. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Welcome to the forums :)

Hope you enjoy your time with us!