1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Motorola Universal Portable Charger P793

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Reverence, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Reverence

Reverence Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    I purchased the Motorola Portable Charger Model P793. The little black box with the blue mini usb connector. It was definitely used when I got it from the store, and I was wondering if I might be missing a piece of it because it didn't come with a wall adapter to charge the portable charger.

It came with the actual portable charger (the black rectangular box) and a USB cable, but no wall adapter to plug it into to charge the portable charger. Is this how all the portable chargers come and I am expected to use the AC wall adapter that came with my phone to charger it....or am I missing something here?

Set Your Location

Advertisement

2. brkshr

brkshr Newbie
    None

May 4, 2011
    Not 100% sure, because I bought mine a few months ago. But I'm pretty sure I was amazed that mine didn't come with the AC adapter either.

edit: I just read on a review that once it's drained you'll have to plug it into a usb outlet. So I'm guessing that means it doesn't come with the AC adapter. I myself have plenty of microUSB AC adapters that I can use.

3. Reverence

Reverence Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Do you think it would be okay to use it with an HTC wall adapter?

I just got off the phone with Motorola and they said there should be one in there....so they are sending me one via UPS. Should be here in 4 days. The woman on the phone wasn't very knowing, so hopefully I get the right part.

4. brkshr

brkshr Newbie
    None

May 4, 2011
    There shouldn't be a problem using the htc charger. As long as it's not putting out over 950mA. It says on the back of mine Input 4.75-5.25V == 0-950mA. So as long as the charger output is between those specs for Voltage and mA.