1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Motorola Universal Portable Charger P793

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Reverence, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Reverence

Reverence Android Enthusiast

I purchased the Motorola Portable Charger Model P793. The little black box with the blue mini usb connector. It was definitely used when I got it from the store, and I was wondering if I might be missing a piece of it because it didn't come with a wall adapter to charge the portable charger.

It came with the actual portable charger (the black rectangular box) and a USB cable, but no wall adapter to plug it into to charge the portable charger. Is this how all the portable chargers come and I am expected to use the AC wall adapter that came with my phone to charger it....or am I missing something here?

Set Your Location

Advertisement

2. brkshr

brkshr Newbie

Not 100% sure, because I bought mine a few months ago. But I'm pretty sure I was amazed that mine didn't come with the AC adapter either.

edit: I just read on a review that once it's drained you'll have to plug it into a usb outlet. So I'm guessing that means it doesn't come with the AC adapter. I myself have plenty of microUSB AC adapters that I can use.

3. Reverence

Reverence Android Enthusiast

Do you think it would be okay to use it with an HTC wall adapter?

I just got off the phone with Motorola and they said there should be one in there....so they are sending me one via UPS. Should be here in 4 days. The woman on the phone wasn't very knowing, so hopefully I get the right part.

4. brkshr

brkshr Newbie

There shouldn't be a problem using the htc charger. As long as it's not putting out over 950mA. It says on the back of mine Input 4.75-5.25V == 0-950mA. So as long as the charger output is between those specs for Voltage and mA.