• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola's new 1% battery increments

Shurple

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2011
NJ
Today I woke to many updates for my apps. I use Gauge Battery Widget and today they released the new 1% Motorola battery increments update.

I'm noticing the SECOND i unplug my phone, it goes from 100% to 99%. then it goes down 1% every two minutes.

1. Does anyone else use this app and notice this?
2. Is this really what Motorola is rolling out? If you use another app that shows actual % of the battery and not a picture, are you seeing 1% increments and is it draining super fast for you?

Thanks

There are a number of battery monitoring apps that report on 1% increments on Moto devices that usually report in 10% increments, and all of them have that almost immediate drop to 99%. I don't think that the Gauge Battery widget is doing anything that any of the others haven't already been doing.

The developer of Battery Indicator (and Battery Indicator Pro) has an explanation of what he had to do to get the 1% increments hacked into his app. See OnePercentHack - battery-indicator - Info about the one-percent hack for devices that default to multiples of 10 percent. - Battery Indicator for Android - Google Project Hosting

Reactions: Shurple
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones