• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MotoTorch LED 2.0 released - FREE FOR 3 DAYS

You're a rockstar with this thing; thanks a million.

The only feature I'd like to see added is the touch duration of that other app--on while I'm doing a long pressm and off as soon as I release.

Otherwise, minimizing all light in the app itself would be nice (perhaps dark orange buttons, like a BMW's nightvision-friendly setup?).

And finally, getting the dim feature to work. I know that many of us are loyal to auto-brightness, so if there's a way to dim while in the app then revert to that setting (while saving our timeout settings as well!), it'd be perfect.

And hey, for my part, I completely dig the logo. Just cool.

Upvote 0
Those of you who really like this app, and especially those of you making suggestions for enhancements...just wanted to mention, especially considering the holiday season, that donating to the author of the app is another great way to show your thanks...

I threw in a buck and feel like I've been more than compensated...

There's a link in his sig, and I believe he has a donate version in the marketplace.

Thanks, OP, for all the great work/energy. :D

Upvote 0
Those of you who really like this app, and especially those of you making suggestions for enhancements...just wanted to mention, especially considering the holiday season, that donating to the author of the app is another great way to show your thanks...

I threw in a buck and feel like I've been more than compensated...

There's a link in his sig, and I believe he has a donate version in the marketplace.

Thanks, OP, for all the great work/energy. :D

Thanks for the support...and wanted to say thanks again to all of you who have donated through PayPal and those who have bought the Donation version.

Upvote 0
One vote against changing the torch. Maybe completely different skin options at some point in the distant future, but I really feel that the torch's current orientation makes it look smooth & well-balanced.

And one vote in favor of donation!

(Apart from showing your considerable graciousness, making it unpaid is probably a goood business decision-- being the only free LED app is going to do wonders for your penetration/user share, which only begets more donations. Anyway, I'm hoping for this to be at least worth your while.)

Upvote 0
Anyone else having this problem? My screen times out (turns off) really quick after enable and disabling the flash. If I set my screen timeout to 30 seconds and turn on and off the flash and go back into the screen timeout settings and none of them are selected and my screen goes off after 5-10 seconds.

I do have reports of this bug. It has to do with the application not setting your old settings back correctly. However, I am having a hard time replicating it. Do you notice it happen when using the widget or the application?

Upvote 0
I do have reports of this bug. It has to do with the application not setting your old settings back correctly. However, I am having a hard time replicating it. Do you notice it happen when using the widget or the application?

I notice it with the widget. I wonder if it has to do with that I bought the app back when it was a dollar. Then installed the free one at the same time the paid one was installed. When I noticed it wasn't working I uninstalled both and reinstalled then seemed to work except this strange bug now. I'm going to try to remove and reinstall again.

Upvote 0
I notice it with the widget. I wonder if it has to do with that I bought the app back when it was a dollar. Then installed the free one at the same time the paid one was installed. When I noticed it wasn't working I uninstalled both and reinstalled then seemed to work except this strange bug now. I'm going to try to remove and reinstall again.

If you have the old version(1.0), then you need to uninstall it before installing the new version.

If you are moving from the free version to the donation version, you will need to uninstall the free version first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones