1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Motrola Defy constant freezing and glitching

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Moontouch, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Moontouch

Moontouch Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    My Motorola Defy has been giving me great hardship recently to the point where I've been thinking of canning it in favor of an old school style clamshell phone. This has started within the last month or so, and was never this pervasive.

Complete freezes, which require me removing the phone's battery, are random and throughout, whether it's while using an app or trying to touch a letter when texting. The worst is when I get an incoming call, and am not able to answer or even hang up.

Another strange problem I have is regarding viewing mobile videos (ones that go full screen and Android friendly). Whenever I watch them, the next day, or sometimes even days later, the videos will sometimes spontaneously pop up on my screen. I'll watch a video on Saturday, and on Monday, when waking up my phone from sleep, I won't even see the lock screen and instead the video will just invite itself over to the screen. I've tried clearing my browser cache to try and get the phone to not have the data to pull up the videos, but it did not work.

There are also numerous other little annoyances, like my in-call volume always resetting itself to max full bar volume with every call, forcing me to adjust it to a sane level with every single call I get. Another is with this loud system beep sound every time I turn off the phone. I have my system sound bar set to zero, but it still does not get rid of the beep. The beep was not present before.

The best general description I can make is that phone simply has an extremely unreliable and glitchy "return or toss me in the can" feel, which was very different from its smooth and solid state on the day when I took it out of its box.

Advertisement

2. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    Factory reset.

3. agarwalneha1

agarwalneha1 Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    My phone will hang very frequently. I tried end task but it will not work at all. I try to restart but it will not work and finally i need to take out the battery.

It will hang if some phone is coming..and its horrible since in case of emergency its the worst .... I thought of buying some mobile which cost around 1000 to 2000 since they are more reliable then these costly android mobiles.

I have used samsumg ace also but I never had such problems with that phone.

Somebody suggested Factory Reset but I have done that 2 months before. So do we have to reset this mobile after every 2 months then whats the use of using android phones.