1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support mount phone's sd via usb?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JimmyTheSaint, Aug 20, 2011.

1. JimmyTheSaint

JimmyTheSaint Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    台北
    When I plug my SGS2 into the TF keyboard's USB port, the SGS2 goes into the same mode as when I plug it into my Windows laptop's USB. On Windows, I open Explorer and the SGS2's internal and external SD's are available in Windows. But on the TF, the Gallery app launches but I can't see anything on the phone. File Manager and Root Explorer don't find the phone under Removable or anywhere else. Is there some way to access the phone's SD's from the TF via its USB ports?

Advertisement

2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    technical illustrator
    UK
    no, not really, but if both devices are on the same wifi network you can use WiFi File Explorer to view your phones Sdcard from the Transformer (or vice versa if you have it installed on both).

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dooblou.WiFiFileExplorer&feature=search_result

you type in an IP address into a browser on the transformer and it shown the contents of the phones sdcard in the browser, you can copy, paste, move etc.

very good app.

3. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 12, 2010
    Business Analyst
    OH
    i still find very weird that even tho both devices are Androids, that it wont mount as an external storage via USB when a phone is conected.

4. dionme344

dionme344 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Sorry for My strange english (I'M french ;) but I found how it works. When you plug your SGS2 Active the usb stockage memory on it. On your eee pad go on setting - stockage - at the bottom you see your device you just have to active it after you see your device and acces like a usb key procedure. I don'T found how to make this proccedure automatic but I can have access to my SGS2 files. Let me kow if it'S work for you!

ORD84 likes this.
  5. carhauler1969

carhauler1969 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2010
    Auto Transport
    Purmela,Texas
    +1 I have quite easily mounted both the internal SD & external SD on my wife's SGS II Epic 4G Touch to my TF101G and transferred files between the two devices.