• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mounted Evo as disk drive, deleted photos/video but it didnt free up any space?

dancolby84

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
I just mounted my Evo as a disk drive so I could backup some of my older photos and then delete them from the SD card to free up space. Well I deleted over 1gb of media files and when I unmounted the SD card it still showed the same amount of free space as before...

I opened up Astro File Manager to see if I could find the problem and the files were deleted from the various folders but when I clicked the menu button and selected Tools, I went to view the SD card usage and noticed a folder labeled .Trashes which contained the 1+gb of files that I deleted from the card.

The problem is, I am unable to clear the .Trashes folder and free up that extre 1gb of space that I should have...Is there something I am doing wrong? How do I get that extra space back because there is no option to delete or clear the .Trashes folder and when the phone is mounted as a disk drive there is no path to that specific (.Trashes) folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Astro -> long press on .Trashes -> Edit -> rename to Trashes

Mount as normal on PC, select all, eradicate.

Back to phone, reverse process and rename back to .Trashes

I haven't personally tried it - but don't see how that would screw anything up.

Nevermind! I figured out what you were saying and it worked just fine...I dont think I even had to rename the file to delete anything, I just was able to delete it straight from my phone without mounting to my comp...

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones