• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help mounting ext SD card

bimfi

Lurker
Jan 13, 2011
I have a Captivate and have just noticed this issue with my SD card. I have a 16gb external card that's been in it since I purchased the phone. Recently I looked at my gallery and found that one folder that used to have ~400 pic now has over 4000 pics. Most of these are duplicates. When I connect to the pc and view the folders there are the original 400 or so. No duplicates.
Today I unmounted the card, removed it and remounted it again. Now, in the notification screen it shows "Media scanning... 0 %" for an exceptionally long time trying to scan the media on it. For about 20 minutes. This happened earlier today but eventually came up after I shut the phone off. This time I powered it down and it did the same thing. Just sat there scanning. Then it came up with a red sd card icon stating that the card was full. I am now in the process of transferring everything I can onto my laptop. I guess it wouldn't hurt to reformat the card after that and see if it continues to happen. Anyone else have a similar situation with either the captivate or sd cards in general?

After reformatting it, it still did the same thing. Luckily I had an extra 16gb card available. I installed it and transferred all the needed files. It works fine, for now. Don't know why this happened, except possibly that the SD card wore out (?).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones