1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Mounting Hero in car for sat Nav

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lowrider, May 6, 2010.

1. Lowrider

Lowrider Member

Apr 22, 2010
    writer/publisher
    London, England
    Hi there

First off, this is a great forum! It's my first time with a smartphone and I'm enjoying the Hero a lot.

I've got into getting apps and found CoPilot Live to be great - but I need to be able to mount the Hero somewhere in my car securely so that I can use the sat nav safely.

I've seen a few mounts mentioned, but usually in the context of listening to music or recharging.

If anyone can recommend a mount they've had personal experience of using that would be great.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. jev

jev Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Earth
    I bought a generic Adapt car holder that features a suction cup to mount it to the windscreen. Works great, can't beat the price.

Now, if you don't mind drilling holes or hang it from the air-outlets, look at Brodit. Their proclips are very good.

3. jplamb

jplamb Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Computer Technition
    UK
  4. Skoodle

Skoodle New Member

Mar 4, 2010
    I use the following holder for mine, came with a charger too, and also flips around, although I only really use it in portrait as I can see further ahead when using CoPilot than landscape mode. I did also purchase an fm transmitter too from amazon, can't remember the link though sorry. Absolutely perfect combination!

HTC Hero Car Upgrade Kit - CU S210

5. Crafoo

Crafoo Member

Mar 29, 2010
    IT Support
    UK

I quite fancied getting this one until I read the reviews on it :( I don't fancy risking my phone getting scratched to bits or have it fall to it's death.

6. pdrhan

pdrhan Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    Copenhagen/Denmark
    This one rocks - the only perfect solution for your beloved Hero
    Buy a Brodit HTC Hero Car Holder | UK

7. Lowrider

Lowrider Member

Apr 22, 2010
    writer/publisher
    London, England
    That's great! A huge amount of options... I shall investigate - or maybe I should just get them all and have the car covered in fixtures and fittings ;-) L

8. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    UK
    I swear by Brodit active holders (the bit that is specific to your phone) and mounts (the bit that is specific for your car). I have used them for my last 3 phones, including the Hero. Not cheap but the best.

Tags: