1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Mounting Problems on Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wcauchois, Apr 7, 2010.

1. wcauchois

wcauchois New Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Hi all,

I just joined this forum, and I hope you can help me with this technical issue that I've been having recently, or direct me to some online resources.

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10, and lately whenever I try to connect my Motorola Droid via USB and mount the SD card, there has been some strange behavior. The directory to which its mounted is called "/media/?mť" on my filesytem -- that t is a unicode character, t with an accent. And I've never seen an automatic mountpoint beginning with a question mark. Sometimes I can browse the files in this "?mt" folder, but other times I can't (Nautilus just displays a blank folder) -- and whenver I try to unmount I get this error message: "/sbin/umount.devkit: no device for /media/mť_: No such device".

I just upgraded to Android 2.1 today -- do you think that might be the problem? This is so strange.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. peadar

peadar Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    That is strange. I've used several different sd cards and one thing I noticed is that when they mount the system creates a mountpoint for them and the mount point is different for each card. It's always /media/<something>

When you unmount how do you do it? I presume you already know that you can do something like:

#unmount /media/*mt*

And, to explore the card:

#ls -l /media/*mt*

If you've already tried wildcards, then I'm stumped...